Privacy Statement on the protection of personal data
Parking Telecom EMEA (“PT”) is committed to user privacy and compliance with all relevant requirements towards personal data protection.
2. Why do we collect, store and process your data?
PT collects your data for the following purposes:
- the personalization of your access to the PT platform, application and PT Services;
- to enable PT to answer your enquiries and give you information concerning the use of the platform, application and PT Services;
- to enable PT to provide you the PT Services;
- to communicate with you about your account or transactions, or send you information about changes in our policies, features on our sites and applications information;
- to send you information related to the parking services use;
- to personalize content and experiences and to improve the PT Services;
- to analyse errors of the system; to detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
- to verify your identity when you contact us with requests for information, correction or deletion of your personal data.
3. Who is responsible for the processing of your data (“Controller”)
Parking Telecom EMEA SAS (“PT”) is a joint stock company established under the laws of the France, with its registered office at 74, Voie Magellan, Parc d’Activité Alpespace, 73800 Sainte-Hélène-du-Lac, France, registered in the Trade Register under No 821 660 800 R.C.S. Chambery, represented by its president and general directors.
PT is the controller responsible for processing of your data.
If you have any questions about the processing of your personal data, you can send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. What personal data do we collect?
We collect two basic types of information – personal information and anonymous information – and we may use personal and anonymous information to create third type of information, aggregate information.
We collect the following categories of information:
- Registration information you provide when you create an account, for personalization of access to the system (registration): e-mail address, password and telephone;
- Transaction information you provide when you request information or purchase a service through our application: type of required service, paid price;
- Processing of payments to PO information: plate/registration number of vehicle; duration of parking usage (check-in / check-out time); parking location; PO providing a parking service to you; parking card number;
- Information you provide in public forums on our sites and applications like review or comments; as well as information you provide to us when you use our applications on third-party sites or platforms such as social networking sites, or link your profile on a third-party site or platform with your registration account;
- Location information when you visit our sites or use our applications, including location information either provided by a mobile device interacting with one of our sites or applications (including through beacon technologies), or associated with your IP address, where we are permitted by law to process this information;
- Usage, viewing and technical data, including your device identifier or IP address, when you visit our sites, use our applications on third-party sites or platforms or open emails we send.
- For some of the data you will be notified at the moment we ask for it whether it is mandatory or not. For example, when you create your account you will be notified that providing a valid telephone number and email address is required in order to proceed.
For other data we collect or are able to collect automatically, we will notify you of your option to choose whether to provide the information or not; or whether to allow us to collect the information or not. For example, location information is data you may choose to allow us access or not entirely at your discretion.
If you have allowed us to collect certain data, you can at any time change your preferences and disallow us to collect such information.
As a general rule, you are not required to provide the personal information that we have requested, but, if you chose not to do so, in many cases we will not be able to provide you with our services or respond to any queries you may have.
In order to analyze the effectiveness of our platform, application and the PT Services, to remember your personal preferences and in verifying the identity of users engaged in on-line transactions, we may use the so-called “cookies” or other devices as a legitimate tool to facilitate the provision of information society services.
The general term “cookies” shall be used for all types of devices and technologies such as pixel tags or web beacons, or small text files stored on your computer or mobile device (“terminal equipment”) when you visit a website. They allow the website to remember your actions or preferences for a definite period of time.
You will be made aware that cookies are about to be placed on the terminal equipment you are using and you will have the opportunity to refuse to have a cookie stored. Information and the right to refuse may be offered once for the use of different devices/technologies to be installed on your terminal equipment during the same connection and also covering any further use that may be made during subsequent connections. You will be entitled at any time to opt out and disable cookies through your terminal equipment preferences.
As is true of most internet services, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
ß We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather information about our user base as a whole.
Use of your location data (the indication of the geographical position of the terminal equipment you are using) for providing you with traffic information, navigation advice or other similar services, shall always depend on your consent. Even in case where you have given your consent, you will have the possibility to temporarily deny the processing of location data, free of charge.
We will use your location data to the extent and for the duration necessary to provide you with the service and will not store it or use it for other purposes. If, while on PT platform, you link to another provider of navigation or map services, you will be bound by such provider’s privacy rules. We shall bear no responsibility for the way other providers collect or use your personal data, including your location data.
4. To whom are your data disclosed?
Your collected data will be treated confidentially and used only by PT and its contractors responsible for the:
– provision of payment services transactions – the amounts due and the PO to whom payment is due;
– provision of other, related services;
– data processors
PT may, as a controller, carry out data processing through contractors (data processors) who will process your data on behalf of PT. For example, such processors may provide help desk services; information processing; providing customer service or answering your enquiries.
The data processors shall have sufficient technical security measures and organizational measures governing the processing to be carried out, and shall ensure compliance with those measures.
The carrying out of processing by way of a data processor shall be governed by a contract binding the processor to the controller (PT) and stipulating in particular that:
– the processor shall act only on instructions from the controller (PT),
– the processor must implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, and against all other unlawful forms of processing; and ensuring a level of security appropriate to the risks represented by the processing and the nature of the data to be protected.
Such external contractors shall be bound to comply with the applicable legislation on the protection of personal data and the processing thereof.
In any case we shall use standard contract clauses approved by the European Commission, adopt other means under European Union law for ensuring adequate safeguards, or obtain your consent.
PT will not share personal data with third parties for direct marketing or for other third parties’ marketing purposes.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities for issues of public importance (for example, national security) within or outside your country of residence − for PT to disclose your personal information. Sharing your personal data shall be done only in strict compliance with the applicable legislation.
We may also disclose your personal data to third parties for the purpose described in this Policy:
– payment service providers to process the payments you facilitate with our application (banks, acquirers or financial institutions responsible for performing the payment, such as your bank (the bank issuer of your card), the PO bank, the payment processor)
– third parties, such as law firms or courts, in order to enforce or apply any contract with you;
– government authorities or enforcement bodies such as the police and regulatory authorities, upon their request and only as required by the applicable law or to protect our rights or the safety of our customers, staff and assets.
In all cases of transfer of your data we protect your personal information during transit using encryption.
Please remember that when you post on a forum, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
5. How can you access your data, check their accuracy, and ask for their correction or deletion?
You are allowed to keep your personal information accurate, complete and up-to-date.
You have the right to request a copy of your personal details at any time, at reasonable intervals, to check the accuracy of the information held and/or to correct or update this information.
You may also ask your personal information to be deleted completely. In this case you will not be able to use the PT platform, application or the PT Services.
You have the right to deny use of your personal data for purposes of direct marketing at any time.
You can at any moment unsubscribe from mailings, by sending a notification to us by using the link in the mailings.
To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to help us verify your identity before granting access or making corrections or deletions.
Please contact this email address for all enquiries regarding access to your data, their correction or deletion: …
6. What do we do to avoid misuse or unauthorized access? How long is your data kept?
PT has put in place, and regularly reviews and updates, appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information collected for PT Services use.
The security, integrity and confidentiality of your information are extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures that are designed to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use and modification. From time to time, we review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods. Please be aware though that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
Our platform and applications may contain links to other sites not owned or controlled by us and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our platform or applications and to read the privacy policies of other sites that may collect your personal information.
7. What are the contact points for questions or complaints?
If you wish to access, delete (in some cases) or correct your personal information please contact: